Occasionally, we offer cashback on some travel deals. Below are our instructions for redeeming your cashback, as well as terms and conditions.
The cashback you receive from your order varies between retailers (the merchant you buy from) and the exact product that you book. We will inform you of the exact percentage you’re eligible for at the time of claiming it, alternatively you can request a cashback quote ahead of buying by contacting us. The cashback rates displayed on each retailer’s page are provided for illustrative purposes only.
How to claim your cashback:
45 days after you get home from your holiday, forward us the email reciept from the merchant – i.e. your booking and payment confirmation from Hotelopia. We’ll hold on to it until 45 days after your stay finished, and then process it. Payments can only be made via PayPal, and it may take up to 20 business days to send the cashback payment to your nominated account.
The email address to send your claim to is firstname.lastname@example.org
Why the claim period starts 45 days after the end of your stay – This is essentially a fraud/loss prevention tactic to protect us. The Cashback comes from the commission that the Merchant pays us. By waiting until 45 days after the end of your stay, we are guaranteed that your stay was not cancelled, cut short, or was otherwise voided, and that we’re guaranteed the commission. Once the transaction is accepted and approved (typically 30 days after the end of your stay), we are happy to pay your cashback.
- For a cashback claim to be valid, you must only use our discount codes – you should not attempt to open any other website’s deals or use any other discount codes other than the ones on broke.travel. The validity of your claim relies on us being able to track the sale.
- The cashback amount is the percentage (as advertised) from the final order amount – this includes any discount, but excludes processing fees, or costs incurred which are outside the control of the merchant.
- The maximum cashback amount for any single order is £40.
- Cashback can only be claimed 45 days after the end of your stay. For clarification, we only offer cashback on hotel bookings.
- You must claim your cashback within 180 days of the end of your stay at the hotel.
- Cashback payments will only be made once per booking – it is your responsibility to ensure that no one else has access to your booking details.
- Cashback can not be claimed in situations where the Merchant (Our Partner) does not pay our commission – this includes, but is not limited to – special deals or sales; the use of gift cards or other non-monetary forms of payment; voided or cancelled sales.
- The Percentage is advertised on the Merchant discount code page.
- The cashback programme only applies to new bookings made after the 26th of February 2013, and may be stopped without notice at any time.
Additionally, the following terms and conditions apply:
1. This rewards program (the “Rewards Program”) is an online service provided by broke.travel (“Us/We/Our”).
2. The Rewards Program enables providers of goods and services (“Participating Retailers”) to promote and offer them (“Participating Retailer Goods/Services”) for sale online to you in conjunction with certain rewards (“Cashback Rewards”).
3. Participating Retailer Goods/Services are available online as part of the Rewards Program through certain websites all of which are operated by Us for Ourselves and for third parties with their branded look and feel (collectively ” Partner Service”).
4. The Rewards Program involves the payment of commission to Us by Participating Retailers in respect of your Approved Transactions for which We credit you with Cashback Rewards.
5. “Approved Transactions” are only those that are tracked transactions between you and Participating Retailers concluded via the Partner Service; and made in accordance with these Rules, the terms of any Participating Retailer’s promotion and any other terms and conditions applicable to the use of the Partner Service; and confirmed by the Participating Retailers as no longer capable of being cancelled by, credited to and/or refunded to you, whether in whole or in part.
6. Without in any way limiting or exemplifying what may not qualify as Approved Transactions the following shall specifically not qualify as Approved Transactions: transactions made when you have more than one Account concurrently in existence; transactions in respect of which you have not initiated transaction tracking; transactions in respect of which the data necessary to enable Cashback Rewards to be credited to your Account has been corrupted, damaged or lost; transactions, which are or which We reasonably believe are conducted by you with a purpose which is unethical and/or intended to obtain Cashback Rewards dishonestly and/or in a manner contrary to the spirit or letter of these Rules.
7. You understand that regardless of the Partner Service through which you participate in the Rewards Program your contractual relationship is with Us, your personal data will be controlled and processed by Us as well as Participating Retailers necessary for the purposes of performing Our obligations to you under the Rewards Program and shall be shared by Us with Partner Services through which you participate whilst you are a participant in the Rewards Program.
8. To enjoy the Rewards Program, you must register through the website of a Partner Service under your proper legal identity and in doing so you agree to abide by all of these terms and conditions which shall govern your use and enjoyment of the Rewards Program and are referred to below as the “Rules”.
9. We shall be entitled to amend these Rules from time to time, and shall notify you of any changes, following which your continued use of the Rewards Programme shall be subject to these Rules as amended.
10. You are only eligible to join and continue to take part in the Rewards Program if you are over 18 years of age, have your permanent place of residence at an address in the UK and maintain a valid and subsisting email address.
11. When you complete an Approved Transaction, resulting in the payment of commission to Us by Participating Retailers then you will be entitled to a Cashback Reward in accordance with the terms of the Participating Retailer’s promotion.
12. Unless otherwise specifically stated, You should assume that the calculation of cashback excludes postage and delivery costs and the VAT element of a sale.
13. Cashback Rewards shall be owned by Us and held by you in an account created for you by Us when you claim your Cashback Rewards. Only Cashback Rewards obtained from Approved Transactions shall be credited to your Account.
14. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure advertised Cashback Rewards are correct. We are not responsible for incorrectly advertised Cashback Rewards.
15. Your failure to correctly follow any required instructions or conditions may result in no Cashback Rewards being credited to your account for which you will have no recourse against Us, Partner Services or Participating Retailers.
16. You accept that in some cases there may be a delay or failure to credit Cashback Rewards to your Account due to a Participating Retailer’s failure to provide information to Us. Whilst We shall use reasonable endeavours to recover Cashback Rewards for non-tracked transactions We shall have no responsibility or liability for such delay or failure.
17. Whilst many Participating Retailers report cashback credits within a few days of an Approved Transaction being completed, some do not report them to Us until their returns period has expired. In the event that you completed an Approved Transaction in full compliance with all associated conditions and the Cashback Reward is not pending as a credit to your Account then in order to resolve it your only option is to open a ‘missing transaction’ support ticket on Our website as a result of which We will then attempt to make recovery from the Participating Retailer. However, We make no warranty or representation and offer no assurance or guarantee that the Cashback Reward will be credited to your account as a result.
18. You are not entitled to a Cashback Reward in respect of Approved Transactions for which We do not receive the whole of the commission due from the Participating Retailer.
19. You are required to use the Rewards Program in an ethical manner and should accounts be used to purposefully defraud or inflate cashback earnings with Participating Retailers then duplicate transactions will be removed and/or your account subject to termination.
20. We are responsible for keeping your Account accurate and up-to-date in accordance with these Rules. We may adjust the balance of your Account in respect of non-payment from Participating Retailers, refunds or returned products, suspected or actual dishonesty, and/or mistakes, including but not limited to, accounting errors. You understand that running a Rewards Program can be technically complex, and that in the course of so doing information may be withheld, provided or received in good faith by any of the participants in it, which may lead to the balance of your Account being inaccurate from time to time. You and We will use reasonable endeavours to deal with and rectify Account inaccuracies, and you agree that We shall have no liability to you or any third party in respect of them, including Our inability to rectify them to your satisfaction.
21. You shall contact Us only and shall not directly contact Participating Retailers or Partner Services in connection with any aspect of the Rewards Program, whether for the purposes of raising a query, seeking further information or making a complaint/claim.
22. You are responsible for the security of your Rewards, and you agree that you will not transfer them to any other person, barter them for goods or services or deliberately or negligently enable any other person to obtain the benefit of Rewards awarded to you with or without your consent and that you will keep your Account details private and secret from others.
23. Each month and 30 days in arrears, we will review the balance of Cashback Rewards credited to your Account and you will be sent a payment via PayPal in pounds sterling in an amount equivalent to the then balance of your Account.
24. Your cashback payment will be credited to your PayPal account. You acknowledge that in the event that you provide incorrect account details your payment cannot be re-issued.
25. Upon remittance of the payment to you, the balance of your Account in respect of which it has been issued will be reduced to zero regardless of whether or not the payment is safely received by you. Neither We, Partner Services, nor Participating Retailers accept any liability in respect of you providing incorrect PayPal account details or the good faith return to zero of Account balances.
26. Where We have paid money to you in respect of Cashback Rewards that are subsequently reversed or cancelled by a Participating Retailer, We reserve the right to debit the value of that transaction from your Account.
27. YOU WILL NOT REGISTER WITH THE REWARDS PROGRAM UNDER ANY IDENTITY MORE THAN ONCE WITHOUT FIRST TERMINATING YOUR CURRENT REGISTRATION AND YOU WILL NOT CONCURRENTLY HOLD MORE THAN ONE ACCOUNT OPENED WITH ANY PARTNER SERVICE UNDER ANY IDENTITY. PLEASE NOTE THAT BREACH OF THIS RULE MAY AMOUNT TO AN ACT OF DISHONESTY, LEADING TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
28. It is possible that during the period with which you are registered for the Rewards Program the Partner, through whose website you registered, ceases to be a Rewards Program Partner (“Partner Closure”). We will post a page, notifying you if and when that happens, providing you with details of how you may continue to participate in the Rewards Program.
29. Upon ceasing to be a participant in the Rewards Program your Account will be closed. In the event that your Account is closed you will automatically cease to be a participant in the Rewards Program. In the event that for a period of 6 months you do not complete any Approved Transactions then your Account status will become an ‘ Inactive Account ‘. Unless we determine otherwise in our absolute discretion and on a case-by-case basis, upon becoming an Inactive Account, the balance of your Account shall be voided and it shall be automatically closed.
30. We may do any of the following at any time without cause or liability and without your consent: (i) close your Account; and/or (ii) amend, suspend or terminate the Rewards Program, any part of it or any feature within it; and/or (iii) restrict the hours of availability of the Rewards Program; and/or (iv) limit the amount of your permitted use of the Rewards Program.
31. You acknowledge and agree that regardless of the size of the balance of your Account, the Cashback Rewards standing to its credit, or to be credited to it shall be automatically voided (so that you will not be entitled to any payment in respect thereof) in any and all of the following circumstances:; (i) if We or a Partner Service through whom you registered for the Rewards Program should experience any event or process forming part of an insolvency, administration, receivership or winding up; or, (ii) if broke.travel Cashback or the Partner Service through whom you registered for the Rewards Program should cease to be part of the Rewards Program; or, (iii) if for any reason, We should be unable to continue further funding of the Rewards Program, in whole or in part and whether as regards some or all participants in it; or, (iv) we terminate your Account because of a breach or suspected breach of these rules by you; (v) if you close your Account; or (vi) it is automatically closed as an Inactive Account.
32. If We terminate your Account because of a breach by you of these Rules you agree that you will not seek to register with the Rewards Program again, whether using the same or a different identity to that under which you originally registered. Otherwise you may voluntarily close an Account, and re-register with the Rewards Program.
33. You understand and agree that Rewards have no value or cash equivalent, that they may not be transferred or redeemed by You with third parties (whether or not Partners), whether for cash or in kind and that they do not represent any stored value.
34. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT PARTICIPATION IN THE REWARDS PROGRAM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR PURCHASE OF GOODS OR SERVICES FROM PARTICIPATING RETAILERS IS SUBJECT TO AND GOVERNED BY THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE AND NOT THESE RULES AND THAT THESE RULES DO NOT AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT THEREOF. HOWEVER FOR OURSELVES ONLY WE MAKE NO WARRANTY WITH REGARD TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED BY YOU FROM PARTICIPATING RETAILERS AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES INCLUDING AS TO TITLE, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, MECHANTABILITY AND/OR SATISFACTORY QUALITY REGARDING GOODS AND/OR SERVICES OBTAINED FROM PARTICIPATING RETAILERS THROUGH THE REWARDS PROGRAM.
35. YOU AGREE THAT THE REWARDS PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ON A STRICTLY “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE REWARDS PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT IT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, OR ERROR FREE NOR DO WE MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE REWARDS PROGRAM OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH IT.
36. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE OR FOR ANY AWARDS OF PUNITIVE OR AGGRAVATED DAMAGES RELATING TO YOUR PARTICPATION OR INABILITY TO PARTICPATE IN THE REWARDS PROGRAMME.
37. THESES RULES DO NO AFFECT THOSE OF YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS WHICH CANNOT BE AMENDED OR EXCLUDED IN LAW AND THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY CONTAINED IN THEM SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND APPLIED ACCORDINGLY.
38. YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD US OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM, DEMAND, EXPENSE OR DAMAGE (INCLUDING REASONABLE LEGAL FEES) RELATING TO YOUR BREACH OF THESE RULES, AND/OR THE TERMS APPLICABLE TO PARTICIPATING RETAILERS PROMOTIONS AND/OR THE USE OF A PARTNER SERVICE.
39. Our failure to enforce your strict performance of any provision of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of our right to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provision of them.